Our Recruitment process
At Aer Lingus, you'll find our recruitment process friendly and approachable, but engineered to ensure quality. This page contains useful information relevant to anyone applying for a job with us. For specific information on the job you are applying for check the FAQs on each career option on this website.
Details on recruitment process
There are some minimum standards that everyone needs to pass to secure a job with us:
- You must have the right to live and work in the location you wish to work without sponsorship from Aer Lingus. We will ask you for proof of your eligibility to work if you are selected for an interview.
- If your job will involve travel (e.g. pilots and cabin crew) then you will need to hold a passport that allows unrestricted travel
- You will need to pass our security clearance procedure.
Other minimum standards are set for particular jobs. We will ask you to declare that you meet these standards before you fill out the application form.
You can apply online on this site to any current vacancies [link to current vacancies]. We do not accept applications by email, post or telephone unless you have special requirements
You can also express your interest in a particular job, even if we are not currently recruiting. To do this check for "Expression of Interest" vacancies here. We are not recruiting yet for those vacancies, but if we do recruit in the future you will be first in line for assessment.
If still can't see a vacancy that fits your skills you can apply speculatively. Don't forget to fill in all the screens, and attach your CV. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement when we receive your application.
This is our first stage of selection. We may call candidates whose applications look interesting to us in order to:
- Check any details on your application form
- Understand why you applied to us
- Understand why you are interested in the job you applied for
- Find out more about your skills, experience and qualifications
- Check that your expectations meet our needs
If you are selected, we will invite you for an interview. This is your opportunity to tell us about your skills, experience and motivation, and give us examples of how you have demonstrated these aspects of yourself in the past. It's also a great opportunity to find out more about life with Aer Lingus and the job you are applying for.
Find directions to our interview venues click on the text in the bullet points below:
View Aer Lingus Head Office in a larger map
View Cork Airport in a larger map
All interviewees should report to the Aer Lingus ticket desk at Cork airport at least 40 minutes before their interview. You must bring your passport or driving license to your interview which will be required to gain access to our interview facilities.
View Shannon Airport in a larger map
All interviewees should report to the Aer Lingus ticket desk at Shannon airport at least 40 minutes before their interview. You must bring your passport or driving license to your interview which will be required to gain access to our interview facilities.
We use a number of tests and assessments where we believe they can help us predict your suitability for the job you are applying for. From spelling tests to flight simulators, these may be available on-line for you to do at home, or may require you to come to us. If you do need to do any tests or assessments we will give you plenty of information about how to approach them.
Your safety, and the safety of our passengers is our responsibility. As part of your recruitment process we will check the following:
- Your background for the last 5 years. You will need to be able to recall where you have been working, studying and living during that time.
- References. We will check your application with recent employers and education establishments.
- Qualifications and licenses: We will check any qualifications or licenses that we believe are important for the job you are applying for.
- Criminal Records: We will check that you do not have a criminal record in any country in which you have previously lived.
- Medical: You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire, and attend a medical at a local doctor's practice (at our expense). This will require you declaring sensitive medical information about yourself.
If you are unable to pass our security checks, we will withdraw your offer of employment.
Click the text in the bullet point to download the relevant form.
- Instructions for completing the ID-1 and Garda Vetting Forms
- ID-1 Form PDF
- 5 year background check form PDF
Note: Garda vetting forms are issued by the Garda Síochana and are not available online.
If you require any special assistance with your application, please let us know on the Equal Opportunities page of your application form. Alternatively please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
You can see the status of your application by logging in to this website and checking for updates. If we need you to do anything we will contact you by email, and if urgent by phone, so keep checking the email address that you provided for us on your application form. You can contact us at email@example.com if you need any additional help along the way.
We keep your details on file for 12 months, so even if you are not successful for the vacancy applied for, we may contact you if a similar or different vacancy arises that we think you may be suited to.