Considering a Career with Aer Lingus?
Aer Lingus Security Requirements
There are some important things that you'll need to know if you are considering a career with us.
Aer Lingus operates in security controlled environments. This includes our bases in Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Belfast Airports. All Aer Lingus employees must obtain Airport Access Permits for the airport they are based in. In order to obtain the Access Permit there are a number of things that you must do.
Before your interview
If you are called for an interview for a role with Aer Lingus you must provide the following to the Aer Lingus Recruitment Team:
- Five year background check
- Ability to provide Evidence of Criminal Reference Checks (if applicable, see note below)
- Garda Vetting Form
The Aer Lingus Recruitment team will send an email with a consent form, login and password for a link to our background checking system. Please see below for information on how to complete the required documentation.
The 5 year background check will involve providing confirmation of all activity over the last 5 years (see below for more information). The details of this and all required forms will be sent to you in advance of the interview.
- Confirmation of all activities over the last 5 years with no more than a 14 day gap between each period of employment/unemployment/college/school, etc.
- During secondary school/college/university it is not necessary to detail summer work or work experience
- If unemployed and in receipt of benefit, it is the candidate's responsibility to provide a letter from the Department of Social Protection stating the exact period when in receipt of unemployment benefit.
- If any company the candidate has worked for is no longer in operation, it will be necessary to obtain verification of dates employed in writing from the Revenue Commissioners or to provide some other form of verification, eg a P45
- If the candidate is self-employed a copy of the certificate of incorporation issued to the candidate must be provided. Alternatively contact details for the candidate's accountant can be provided to confirm dates of self-employment
- If a candidate has been travelling for a period of time, a copy of the candidate's passport stamps is required to verify these dates
- If you have lived outside of Ireland for more than 6 months since the age of 18, a criminal record check (CRCs) will be required for each country
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for these CRCs and each country will have a different application process
- Information is usually available from the relevant country's embassy, as timelines can vary please ensure you have an understanding of how long the CRC will take
- As these checks can take a number of months, evidence that an application has been made will be required at interview stage. (E.g. an email print out or a screen shot of an online application)
- If you are successful in the interview process, a member of the Aer Lingus recruitment team will contact you to arrange references and schedule a pre-employment medical
- If you are offered a role with Aer Lingus the 5 year background which you completed before interview will be verified
- All dates will need to be confirmed by a relevant referee as provided on the 5 year background check
- It is your responsibility to ensure all referees respond to Aer Lingus within 2 weeks of your offer
- A delay in providing these will result in offers of employment being retracted
- Criminal record checks must be provided on or before your first day of employment. You may not be able to commence employment without these CRCs